Chef Christine Guerriero from Sweet Lorraine's Bakery shows how to make graveyard brownies for any of your Halloween festivities.
- Brownie Mix – Follow instructions on box
- Pre Made Frosting
- Cake Board (Can find in Michael’s or Hobby Lobby)
- Piping Bags
- Tombstone cookie cutter
- Green Food Coloring
- Pastry Tips (star tip)
- Halloween Candy Decorations
- Dry Ice
- Make brownies ahead of time and let cool. Keep in refrigerator until ready to cut as you will get a cleaner cut with the cookie cutter.
- Using the paddle attachment on your mixer, put vanilla frosting in bowl and add green food coloring. Mixt to incorporate color, add more color if needed. Will depend on the color you want to achieve.
- Unmold browning onto cutting board, using cookie cutter, cut out tombstones.
- Using some white frosting and a piping bag you can decorate the tombstones as you like. (RIP etc etc)
- Put green frosting in pastry bag with tip in it already, and on cake board, start to make little mounds of “grass” squeezing the pastry bag until you get to the desired height.
- Once done, gentling put the brownie cut outs on the frosting, pushing down until it is flush with the board. You can add more frosting around base of brownie to make it more secure.
- Add Halloween candy decorations to give it some pizzazz.
- Put in refrigerator to firm up frosting so that the brownies will stand.
- Once ready to serve or put out on your Halloween table, place where you want and open bag of dry ice to create the creepy look of fog.