Apple Bundt with Cinnamon Glaze by Chef Christine Guerriero, Sweet Lorraine's Bakery.
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ lbs. granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 cups AP flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 ¾ cups brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
Cinnamon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp water or milk
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- In a saucepan, combine apples, granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium-high heat stirring occasionally until apples are soft, and liquid cooks down.
- Put aside apples and let them completely cool. You can cook these ahead of time and keep them in the fridge until ready to make batter.
- In a mixing bowl fitted w/ a paddle attachment, cream butter, brown sugar, and honey until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and milk one at a time until completely emulsified.
- Add flour mixture (AP Flour, Cinnamon, Salt, Baking Powder and Nutmeg) into butter mixture, mix until combined.
- Add cooled apples.
- Pipe or scoop into a buttered and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes rotating half way through baking time. Test w/ toothpick or knife. If they come out clean then, the bundt is done.
- Let cool completely before unmolding from pan.
- Once completely cooled, make glaze by mixing powdered sugar with water/milk until consistency where you want it, then add cinnamon.
- Drizzle over bundt cake.