Pork Cabbage Wraps & Vegetable Salad by Chef Alyssa
- 1 lb. white meat pork, such as pork loin, 1” slice
- Thumb size piece of ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- Mince the ginger and garlic on a microplane over a bowl.
- Combine with soy, fish sauce and cooking oil.
- Marinate the pork for 30 minutes.
- Heat a sauté pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat, add enough cooking oil until it becomes smoky.
- Sear the meat until browned, about 3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove at 140 degrees and rest.
Vegetable Salad Ingredients:
- 1 small onion, julienne
- 1 bell pepper, julienne
- 1 small cucumber, julienne
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 Teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, optional
Vegetable Salad Directions:
- Combine julienne vegetables with lime, sugar, fish sauce, red pepper and cilantro. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
- Remove core of lettuce and pull leaves for the wraps.
- Assemble wraps by placing pork on the leaf and topping with the vegetable salad and almonds.