1 NY Strip
1 ripe peach
1 head broccoli, thinly shaved
1 ounce goat-feta cheese (or traditional feta)
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup parsley and cilantro leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
Adobo Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Remove steak from the refrigerator and allow it to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the grill to high (at least 400 degrees).
3. Sear the steak and allow it to cook for 3 minutes, rotate and grill for another 3 minutes on the same side, then repeat on the other side. Allow to rest.
4. Cut peaches in half, remove seed and brush the inside with olive oil, place and grill until they soften more and develop grill marks, about 3-5 minutes. Remove and slice.
5. Combine peaches with remaining ingredients and serve over sliced steak with adobo sauce.
1 red bell pepper
1 chipotle pepper in adobo
2 cloves garlic
¼ cup roasted almonds
2 Tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Salt to taste
1. Grill the bell pepper and onion until soft and charred on the edges.
2. Puree all ingredients until smooth.
Chef Alyssa's Kitchen runs hands-on cooking classes inside of Atherton Market in South End focusing on using local, healthy and sustainable ingredients. All classes are taught by Chef Alyssa.