4 each Idaho potatoes, diced, blanched in a 300F Fryer for 3 minutes
8 eggs, carefully cracked into a small plastic container
2 peppers, julienne
2 onions, julienne
2 cups smoked tomatoes, peeled and diced
1 tbsp roasted garlic puree
2 cups high quality canned tomatoes, crushed
2 tbsp Spanish smoked paprika
4 tbsp finely sliced chives
4 egg yolks
3 cup clarified butter
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp sambal
- For hollandaise: in a large bowl over a double boiler, whisk yolks, vinegar together until eggs begin to develop ribbons and lighten in color.
- Slowly drizzle in butter, slow stream, whisking constantly, you may need to add a few drops of water if the mixture becomes too thick before all the butter is emulsified.
- Once butter has been added, season with sambal, salt, chives and taste.
- For Smoked tomato sauce, in a heavy bottomed sauce pot, sweat peppers, onions, garlic together for about 8 minutes or until vegetables are soft, next add smoked tomatoes, smoked paprika, tomato puree and a good few teaspoons of salt, let stew about 45 minutes.
- For eggs: use a wide sided pot filled with water that has been brought to a simmer, add 4 oz plain vinegar
- Carefully add eggs to water, one at a time, let poach 3-4 minutes
- To assemble, crispen up the hash browns in a fryer or saute pan, drain carefully, toss with the tomato ragout, taste for seasoning, divide onto 4 bowls, top with 2 eggs each, hollandaise, serve.