Honey Glazed Scottish Salmon with Roasted Beets and Goat Cheese
4 each 6oz pieces of Salmon
-2 oz Walnuts, chopped
-1oz Parsley, Chopped
-1 Garlic clove, minced
-1 oz white vinegar
-5oz Olive oil
-2 Red Beets
-2 Yellow Beets
-4 oz Mixed lettuce
-6 oz goat cheese
-1 oz honey
-2oz Red Wine Vinegar
-3oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut tops off beets, place in a baking dish, cover with water and season with salt. Place in the oven and cook until tender (approx 1 hour). Cool and then peel skins off of beats using a kitchen towel. Slice the beets to form rings about ¼ of an inch thick
- For the dressing, mix the chopped walnuts, parsley, garlic, vinegar and oil in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- For the Glaze, place the honey, red wine vinegar and EVOO in a pot and bring to a slight simmer. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Sear the salmon in a sauté pan on both sides until it reaches desired temperature.
Heat the glaze in a sauté pan and quickly toss with the beets, remove from heat and place in the bottom of the plate. Top beats with lettuce and goat cheese.
Place the salmon on top of the salad and spoon the walnut dressing over the top of the salmon.
Springer Mountain Farms Grilled Chicken Breast with Sweet Pea and Thyme Risotto
4 ea Springer Mountain Farms chicken Breast
1 pound Arborio rice
3 oz unsalted butter
2 oz dry white wine
1.5 quarts chicken stock
Salt and Pepper To taste
1 cup Green Peas
2 tbls Fresh thyme, chopped
1 lemon, zested
- For the risotto. Place 1 oz of butter in a pot and melt over medium heat. Add in shallots and cook without color for 1-2 minutes. Add in rice and stir to coat rice with butter. Deglaze the pan with white wine and let the rice absorb all the liquid. Slowly add 1-2 ounces of the chicken stock to the rice mix at a time while continually stirring. Once all the liquid has been absorbed into the rice and mix is creamy and al dente season with salt and pepper and add in the last 1 oz of butter.
- Add in the green peas and thyme to risotto and mix. Zest the lemon into the risotto and mix in again.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place on a hot grill. Grill on both sides until chicken is full cooked and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- To plate, spoon risotto mix into the bottom of desired dish. Slice chicken breast and place on top of risotto mix. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.