Chef Corey Siegel shares his recipe for steamed little neck clams with some smoked bacon.
- 12 little neck clams
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 shaved shallot
- 1 oz butter
- 3 oz smoked bacon (diced)
- 16 oz Belgian-style beer
- 1 oz scallions
- 7 celery leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Purge the Clams in cold water for 20 minutes to remove any internal sand.
- Rinse the outside of the clams to remove any external sand.
- Shave all of the vegetables as thin as possible except for the celery leaves that will be used for garnish.
- In a sauté pan, begin to render out the bacon in olive oil until it starts to brown and caramelize.
- Add in the onions, shallots and garlic and cook until they are translucent.
- Deglaze with the beer and add in the clams.
- Cover the pan with a lid or another sauté pan to steam and cook the clams.
- Once all of the clams have opened up, remove the pan from the stove and add in the lemon juice and whole butter.
- Place into a bowl, garnish with celery leaves and shaved scallions then serve with a side of grilled bread.