Scott & Joey from Linwell Farms share their recipe for butter pecan chicken skewers.
- 20 - 30 chicken breast tenders
- 20 - 30 wooden skewers
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup of toasted pecans
- Salt, pepper and sugar
- Brine the chicken overnight. The brining water is 4 cups of water, slightly heated to help dissolve the sugar and salt. 1/2 cup of salt and 1/2 cup of sugar. Pour the brine over the chicken and refrigerate. Also soak the skewers overnight so they won't burn if you cook over a flame.
- The next day, pull the chicken from the brine and pat dry. Skewer the chicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the honey. Keep the honey butter warm.
- Shell the pecans and crush into small pieces. Put on a plate.
- Grill the chicken for about 4 minutes per side. The fire or griddle should be hot enough to sear the tenders.
- Pull from the heat, drizzle with the honey butter, roll in the pecans and serve!