Chef Monica shares her recipe for "The Mack" CIAA Chili.
Yields 8 servings.
- 2 Tbsp. of Canola Oil
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1 lb. Chicken Sausage cut into bite size piece
- ½ Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 can of dark Beer
- ½ cup of Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Coriander
- 1 Tbsp. of Chili Powder
- ½ Tbsp. of Red Pepper Flakes (choose your level of heat)
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 cans of Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained
- 16 oz. can of Tomato Sauce
- ½ sprig of Fresh Oregano
- 2 Tbsp. of Brown Sugar
- Serve with condiment bar: Avocado slices, sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, red onions, favorite, Romaine Lettuce, Corn Tortilla Shells,
- Heat a Dutch Oven to medium-high heat and add oil, diced onions season with salt and pepper. Cook onions until translucent. Next add fresh garlic, diced tomatoes and stir.
- Add Ground Turkey and cook until half done. Add Chicken Sausage and cook meat mixture until browned.
- Season liberally with cumin, coriander and chili powder. Add beer and reduce to less than half. Next add chicken stock and reduce to half.
- Next, add in oregano, beans and tomato sauce.
- Taste and correct seasoning. Add brown sugar and red pepper flakes.
- Cook Chili on medium low for about 30-40.
- Serve hot and with condiment bar.