The place Danielle Cook once called home is now home to something else.
"It doesn't feel like home anymore,” Danielle tells FOX 46.
I have to say, it was hard not to feel grossed out in the room where she found the culprits.
"That's a bed bug and some babies or some eggs that were over there. they looked like little specks from here. You could only really see the big one," says Danielle.
Danielle cook says she and her husband packed up their three kids and left their home behind.
"Now we're living out of bags, trash bags. We're all crammed into my mom's two-bedroom apartment, a family of five," Danielle says.
She says it took all of ten days for Ashton Reserve at Northlake to bring out an exterminator to treat her home.
"There are still bugs. they tell me they did a treatment but if there are still bugs I can't be sure," Danielle says.
The property manager called while we were in the apartment. She said the exterminator treated the family's home on Monday, but the treatment calls for temperatures above 120 degrees, and to unplug the refrigerator to keep it from overheating.
Her main goal is make sure her neighbors are saved from going through the same thing.
Danielle asked the property manager if the whole building had been treated, or only her apartment. The property manager said she cannot release that information.
When we asked management about the bed bugs, they said we needed to talk to the media team.
We'll continue to work to get results for the cook family and others living in Ashton Reserve at Northlake.