Huntersville house fire displaces family of four

- Fire officials responded to an attic fire at 12626 McGinnis Lane in Huntersville this afternoon that displaced a family of four.

The Huntersville Fire Department says the fire started at the bottom of the house on the outside. The blaze then worked its way inside and moved to the top of the family's house, destroying the attic and roof. Crews were able to control the fire in 15 minutes.

The fire also caused water damage to the second floor. The house is considered uninhabitable.

The family and their cat made it out safely with no injuries.

The fire department is asking the neighborhood not to burn or use anything that ignites a flame fire. Authorities believe the fire started with a hot item that was put into a plastic garbage can.

The incident is still under investigation.


Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories