(FOX 46 WJZY) - South Carolina has opened dozens of emergency shelters ahead of Hurricane Florence.
Following updated predictions, Gov. Henry McMaster, in coordination with state and local officials, lifted the mandatory evacuation order for zones in Beaufort, Colleton, and Jasper counties, with the exception of Edisto Beach.
The mandatory evacuation executive order remains in effect for all zones in Horry, Georgetown, Charleston, Berkeley, and Dorchester counties and for Edisto Beach.
McMaster also ordered that schools and state offices in the following counties will be open beginning Wednesday, September 12: Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg, Beaufort, Barnwell, Colleton, Hampton, and Jasper.
Shelter locations for those evacuating from the state’s northern and central coastal counties:
- Andrews Elementary School, 13072 County Line Road, Andrews, SC 29510
- Kingstree Senior High, 2084 Thurgood Marshall Road, Kingstree, SC
- Cane Bay High School, 1624 State Road, Summerville, SC
- Berkeley Middle School, 320 North Live Oak Drive, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
- Goose Creek High School, 1137 Red Bank Road, Goose Creek, SC 29445
- St Stephen Elementary, 1053 Russellville Road, Saint Stephen, SC 29479
- Dubose Midde School, 1005 Dubose School Road, Summerville, SC 29483
- Branchville High School, 1349 Dorange Road, Branchville, SC 29432
- Hunter-Kinard Tyler School, Norway Road, Norway, SC 29113
- Lake Marion High School, 3656 Tee Vee Road, Santee, SC 29142
- Orangeburg-Wilkinson High School, 601 Bruin Drive, Orangeburg, SC 29118
- Pleasant Hill Elementary, 127 Schoolhouse Road, Hemingway, SC 29554
For more details, directions and full list of emergency shelters, click here.