Are you interested in internships with us? Here's what you need to know and how to apply.
INTERNSHIPS ARE OFFERED IN THE FOLLOWING DEPARMENTS:
News Department: Students will gain hands-on experience in the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced news environment. Internship with the news department will involve assisting the news staff with compiling packets of information, answering phones and other duties that will be useful in the news gathering process. This internship may include some field experience with news reporters to cover developing stories. Interns are expected to assist producers with researching, scanning wires and preparing news packets for news anchors. Additionally, interns will assist assignment desk editors and news producers with phone calls to assist in the development of stories, as well as filing press releases, sorting scripts and writing practice scripts as needed. News department interns are also required to independently produce a tape of their work.
Digital Department: Students will assist in creating, editing and producing online content for fox46charlotte.com website and all other social media platforms. Interns will assist digital producers in all areas of gathering news content by posting wire reports, encoding video, editing photos and writing news stories. Intern must have solid news judgment and writing skills. Some knowledge of Photoshop, HTML and AP style is preferred.
Production: Students working in production will assist with the production of commercials, public affairs announcements, promotional spots as well as newscasts. Duties include working as a grip on studio and remote shoots, writing scripts and shadowing the supervisor during newscasts. Students will learn how to work with the various departments at the TV station as well as with clients and producers on commercial production projects. Students will also get hands-on experience with current technology.
Creative Services/Programming/Marketing: We are looking for an energetic, creative thinker. Students will assist producers with on and off site shoots, locating and logging video as well as attend some daily news meetings and observe editing sessions with an experienced promotion producer. Interns may also gain experience writing and editing on-air promotions and will update department database, create video stock reels and perform basic administrative assistance duties. Interns will have the opportunity to interact and perhaps assist with projects involving the FOX 46 News as well as the programming, sales, production and community affairs departments.
- Current enrollment in a college or university majoring in communications, journalism, or related and/or equivalent field.
- Proof of academic credit for internship (a letter confirming academic recognition must be submitted before starting the internship).
- Ability to work 16 hours per week and to set schedule according to the academic requirements of your college or university.
- Applicants must be classified as a college junior, senior or graduate student.
Deadline for applying is:
o Fall Semester – June 1
o Spring Semester –October 1
o Summer Semester – April 1
- Candidates under consideration will be contacted and scheduled for interviews.
- Candidates selected for internships will be notified at least two weeks prior to registration to allow for the registration process.
- There are a limited number of internships available each semester. Applying early is encouraged.
- Internships are non-paid and for academic credit only.
- Internships do not necessarily lead to employment with WJZY Fox 46 / WMYT My 12 television stations.
Email your resume and completed application to WJZYJobs@foxtv.com.
- To download the internship application, click here.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled