Fire heavily damages Belmont home, cats found dead inside

- Crews were on the scene of a large house fire Thursday evening. 

The fire happened just before 6 p.m. Thursday, March 17 along Clay Street. 

Officials said everyone who was inside the home made it out OK - but unfortunately homeowner's cats did not make it out and were discovered dead underneath a bed. 

Fire officials said the fire started from a discarded cigarette on the front porch. 

The home appears to be a total loss.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories