Fire at Mimi's Cafe declared accidental, $250K in damages

- MiMi’s Café across from the Northlake Mall in Charlotte will be closed until further notice after a fire Friday afternoon.

Smoke started filling the restaurant around 3:15 p.m. Customers and employees were inside at the time, but were able to escape without injuries.

Firefighters arrived and quickly called in a second alarm. Fire officials say the fire was inside the walls and started spreading to the roof.

Within an hour firefighters had the blaze under control. Investigators say there is heavy smoke damage inside the restaurant.

The cause of the fire was due to a discarded cigarette in the mulch near the building. Estimated damages are $250,000. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories