One taken to the hospital with minor burns in south Charlotte fire

- One person was transported to the hospital with first-degree burns Monday after a fire broke out at a south Charlotte home.

Multiple Fire & Rescue crews responded to the 600 block of Tripp Place around 5 p.m. Monday, April 4. Upon arrival, crews could see smoke billowing from the house. 

The fire was under control by 6 p.m. 

Fire officials said the fire was mostly in the garage and spread to the right side of the home. 

Two people were inside the house at the time the fire started. One person suffered first-degree burns and was transported to CMC. 

Five adults and two children live inside the home, fire officials said. 

Estimated damage is $300,000. Crews remain on scene at this time. 

Check back for updates. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories