MOORESVILLE, NC (WJZY) - A 12-year-old boy was transported to the hospital after being bit by a snake Monday afternoon in Mooresville, according to the Iredell County dispatch.
Officials said the bite happened at 5:23 p.m. Monday in a residential area on Catalina Drive in Mooresville.
Officials with the Mount Mourne Fire Dept. said the boy was fishing off of a boating ramp and digging in the dirt for earthworms when he said he was bit on the hand by a small, brown snake.
He was transported to Lake Norman Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries
Officials do not know if the snake was venomous.
They said this the first snake call in that area this year, and that snakes are not normally a problem.