Outside grilling cause of Charlotte house fire

- The Charlotte Fire Investigation Task Force has determined that a local house fire was accidental due to outside grilling too close to the home.

The fire happened around 5:30 p.m. Sunday, May 29 at 3918 Lannier Falls Lane. 

Upon arrival, firefighters saw heavy fire coming from the roof of the two-story house. Due to the severity of the fire, firefighters were forced to combat the fire from outside due to safety concerns.

One Charlotte firefighter sustained a minor burn and was transported to the hospital for evaluation.

It took 23 firefighters to bring the fire under control in 43 minutes. Two other home sustained minor damage due to radiant heat from the structure fire.

Estimated property loss is approximately $250,000. The homeowners were alerted to the fire by working smoke detectors in the home.

One homeowner sustained a lower leg injury and was treated on scene by MEDIC and released. Two others and a dog were displaced and are being assisted by family members and friends.
 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories