LANCASTER COUNTY, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - A 16-year-old boy was shot during an alleged planned fight Wednesday evening in Lancaster, according to the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Elliot Street at 5:28 p.m. for reports of a shooting. As they arrived to the scene, deputies discovered all involved parties, about 15 to 20 people, had fled the scene.
Spent shell casings and blood were found in a parking lot. Witnesses on scene told deputies a 16-year-old had been taken to Springs Memorial with gunshot wounds. That teen was later transferred to another medical facility for treatment.
Deputies said about 15 to 20 people had gathered in the parking lot at the end of Elliot Street to either watch or participate in a fight. The 16-year-old got into a physical fight with someone in the parking lot. At some point during the fighting, a man started shooting and hit the teen.
"There were a lot of people out there when this occurred and we are not getting a whole lot of cooperation from witnesses. I urge anyone with information about this incident to do the right thing and comr forward," Sheriff Faile said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Lancaster County Sheriff's office at (803) 283-3388.