Neighbors save Gaston County man from fire

- A Gaston County man has his neighbors to thank for saving his life during a fire Wednesday.

Michael "Arnold" Eidson has burns all over his arm, hands, and face.

Eidson said he was cooking okra Wednesday afternoon when the grease started popping everywhere, catching his kitchen on fire.

He said, “*The smoke alarm went off. I walked in the kitchen and it was engulfed, the grease just going everywhere, popping.”

Eidson's neighbors at the Oak Forest Apartments in Dallas heard the alarms. FOX 46 Charlotte spoke with the courageous woman who ran in and pulled Eidson out.

Chavia McDowell said, “I just went through the house, and I grabbed him. I drug him out. I didn't stop until I got him out.”

 

 

 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories