CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46) - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are continuing the make arrests following the recent protests in uptown Charlotte.
On Tuesday, officers released new pictures of suspects they want citizens to see.
Continuing efforts to identify anyone with info about violence or looting. Call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600, if you can ID anyone below. pic.twitter.com/aqDKS7QwId— CMPD News (@CMPD) September 27, 2016
Continuing efforts to identify anyone with info about violence or looting. Call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600, if you can ID anyone below. pic.twitter.com/GSWcMgAM2u— CMPD News (@CMPD) September 27, 2016
CMPD said they've arrested nine people between Monday night and the early morning hours of Tuesday, for everything from impeding traffic to assault on an officer.
Eight of the nine people arrested are from Charlotte, and the total number of people arrested since the protests began now sits at 81.
It's been exactly one week since violent riots began in Charlotte leading to injuries, arrests, and even the death of a protester. Although the protests have largely turned peaceful over the past several days, CMPD has still been busy making arrests.
Denise Heberle, from Ann Arbor, Michigan, was arrested and charged with impeding traffic and resisting a public officer. Oliver Merino-Morales, listed as homeless, was arrested and charged with assault on an officer, resisting an officer, and impeding traffic.
Seven Charlotteans were arrested and charged with impeding traffic as well.
The biggest arrest so far has been that of Rayquam Borum. He is charged with the murder of a protester Wednesday night after he allegedly shot and killed Justin Carr.
Prosecutors said Borum admitted to shooting Justin Carr in the head. Borum was in court on Monday, Sept. 26 and was not given bond. His next court date is set for October 5.