Waxhaw house fire ruled accidental

- A family has been displaced after their home caught fire Monday morning in Waxhaw, fire officials say.

Firefighters were called to Oxfordshire Road.

According to officials, the family had lit a fire Sunday night and embers from that fire were able to escape from the firebox and land beneath a hearth, igniting it. The fire eventually spread into the attic.

The fire has been ruled as accidental, according to the fire marshal. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories