CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - A man accused of sexually assaulting two people in different areas of Charlotte is now facing a rape charge from a third incident that happened earlier this year, court records show.
Larry Jarome Bailey, 24, of Monroe, is charged with first degree rape connected to an incident that took place May 30, according to arrest records.The incident in question happened on Ellen Avenue, according to a police report filed with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police. The latest warrant was served Monday in the Mecklenburg County Jail where Bailey remains in custody.
In the Myers Park incident, Bailey is accused of grabbing and fondling a 17-year-old girl who was out walking about 8:30 p.m. in the 2600 block of Briarcliff Place on July 19. The victim told police he tried to restrain her against her will. A witness nearby was able to call 911.
Police were already searching for Bailey when the second assault happened about 5:51 a.m. Friday at East Boulevard and Cleveland Avenue. The victim told police that she was jogging when a man approached her, grabbed her from behind and proceeded to fondle her. The man then took off in a silver Toyota Camry.
Bailey was eventually picked up during a traffic stop and later confessed to both sex assaults, police said.
Anyone with additional information in the cases is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.