CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) - The recovery process continues for the four people injured in Tuesday’s shooting on the campus of UNC Charlotte.
Drew Pescaro, Emily Houpt, Rami Alramadhan and Sean DeHart were all shot and taken to the hospital on Tuesday.
“I got a chance to visit with the three families and the students. They are all doing ok,” UNCC Chancellor Dubois said in a press conference. He confirmed Sean DeHart had already been treated and released by that time on Wednesday.
FOX 46 learned on Thursday that 23-year-old Houpt, a South Mecklenburg High School alum, has been released from the hospital. A family member says she’s doing ok, and she’s planning to participate in graduation services next week, according to the Chancellor.
We've also learned through a tweet from his father that Saudi Arabian freshman Alramadhan has also been released from the hospital and is doing well.
Pescaro, 19, is still recovering in the hospital. The most recent post on his Instagram states that “Drew is still recovering from surgery and at this time they are asking for no visitors.”
- UNCC student, National Guard Medic acts fast to help shooting victim
- UNCC shooting victim expected to walk during graduation
- 'He is currently under medical supervision': UNCC shooting victim was a sports writer for Niner:
- Petition: "Hero" Riley Howell should receive full honors military burial
- Prayer vigil held at Matthews church for UNCC student killed in shooting
- Students killed in UNCC shooting to receive Degrees in Memoriam