Outside of the Super Bowl, what do the mayor of Charlotte and Denver have in common? Their love for the 1986 classic "The Final Countdown” to rev up fans before Sunday’s big game.
For Super Bowl 50, Spotify partnered with Denver Mayor Michael Hancock and Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts to create exclusive playlists for Broncos and Panthers fans.
The playlists span decades and genres, while revealing the truly eclectic musical tastes of each mayor. Here are some key takeaways...
Mayor Hancock’s Denver Broncos Playlist:
- Gritty, indie music from a hometown Denver band - The Fray's “Love Don’t Lie”
- The official state song of Colorado, John Denver’s “Rocky Mountain High”
- 90’s hip-hop jams such as Montell Jordan’s "This Is How We Do It” and Tag Team’s “Whoop!"
Mayor Roberts’ Carolina Panthers Playlist:
- Rap with heavy beats and bold lyrics like DJ Khaled’s “All I Do Is Win”
- Soulful songs including The Scripts’ “Hall of Fame”
- Chart toppers like One Direction’s “Drag Me Down” and Fall Out Boy’s “Centuries”
Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts’s Super Bowl Playlist: