CONCORD, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - Get ready for something you never knew you needed…until now! A selfie with an alpaca.
Carolina Alpaca Breeders and Owners and the Southeastern Alpaca Association said they will offer a free opportunity to take a selfie with an alpaca at the Southern Alpaca Celebration next month.
The event will be taking place on February 16, 17 and 18 at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center.
Organizers said alpacas will be available for selfies throughout the event.
Alpaca Selfie Tips:
Because alpacas don’t have the opposable thumbs required to operate the camera, you are going to have to help them out a bit. Some alpaca selfie suggestions:
- Bring a smart phone or camera
- Bring your sense of humor and perseverance
- Alpacas prefer to be touched on the neck, sides and back. They don’t love being scratched behind the ears or on the head
- Do not stand behind the alpaca. They think you’re pretty cute too and prefer to keep you in sight!
- They may hum a tune for you while you are taking your selfie. Feel free to sing along!
For more information, click here.