CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police arrested a man they said brought a gun to police headquarters on two separate occasions.
DJ Raheem Geer, 26, was charged with possession of a weapon on city property. According to police, Geer showed up to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Headquarters, located at 601 East Trade Street, Tuesday wearing a firearm in a holster on his waistband.
Geer was arrested for violation of City Ordinance, Section 15-14, which prohibits the possession of a dangerous weapon on any real property owned, leased, as lessee, or otherwise temporarily controlled by the city.
He was taken inot the custody of the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office.
Police said Geer pulled the same stunt in January, but was not arrested. In that incident, he was given a warning and told to leave the property.
ALSO ON FOX46CHARLOTTE.COM:
- Group home workers accused of striking handicapped man with metal broom handle
- Pup reunites with family after lost 62 days in Blowing Rock wilderness
- Cleanup underway in SC after tornadoes tear through
- Veteran Hickory Police K9, Rony, passes away unexpectedly
- Chris Watts' daughter, 4, witnessed him strangling wife, lawyer says
Stay with FOX 46 Charlotte for updates.