CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - With a new year comes new life, as Charlotte welcomed the first baby of 2018 on Monday morning. Mobile users click here.
The healthy baby boy was born at Novant health Presbyterian Medical Center in uptown Charlotte at 12:25 a.m. on the first day of the new year.
The parents, Ben and Lindsey King, will no doubt be enjoying the first few hours with their precious bundle, Luke Benjamin King. The baby boy came into the world at 7 pounds, 11 ounces. He has a 3-year-old big brother, according to Novant Health. The family is from Mint Hill.
The second baby to be born in the Queen City arrived just 10 minutes later at 12:35 a.m. at Carolinas Medical Center. Little Robert Muhammas Simpson is the first-born child of Assista Sylla.
We warmly welcome Robert Muhammad Simpson to the world. He was CHS’s first baby of 2018, delivered at 12:35 a.m. at Carolinas Medical Center. He is mom Assita Sylla’s first child. Congratulations! 🎊 💙 pic.twitter.com/RLtk3P8co5— Carolinas HealthCare System (@Carolinas) January 1, 2018
Novant Health welcomed five more bundles of joy at their various branches New Years morning:
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center welcomed Isabella Reeves at 1:36 a.m.
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical Center welcomed a precious newborn at 12:32 a.m. (awaiting details)
- Novant Health Matthews Medical Center welcomed a newborn (awaiting details)
- Novant Health Rowan Medical Center welcome a newborn at 6:45 a.m. (awaiting details)
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center welcomed Silas Cain Taylor at 4:01 a.m.