CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - Are you revved up and ready for the Coca-Cola 600? The City of Charlotte is just a few days away from the big race. The opening of Speed Street in uptown Thursday kicks off the big weekend.
The three-day festival begins at 12 p.m. Thursday and will offer live entertainment, access to racing’s brightest stars and dynamic exhibits for an estimated 250,000 guests.
Street closures began Tuesday at 3 p.m. and will remain closed until Sunday at noon.
The following streets will close Thursday:
- At 9:30 a.m., Fourth Street between Church Street and College Street.
- At 9:30 a.m., Third Street between Church Street and College Street.
- At 9:30 a.m., Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard between Church Street and College Street (lanes open to access loading dock at Wells Fargo).
- At 5 p.m., Third Street between Church and Mint Streets close. These streets will reopen at 11 p.m.
- There will be two-way access on East Third Street, East and West Fourth Street and East and West Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. The 230 South Tryon deck will allow entry and exit on Church Street.
For a full list of this weekend's street closures, please click here.
CMPD is getting ready for the +200,000 people expected at Speed Street. They already have barricaded Tryon from Duke Energy building to Omni Hotel so vendors can set up. 3 day festival starts today at noon! @FOX46News pic.twitter.com/z36xDOHZmX— Lauren Dugan (@DuganFOX46) May 24, 2018