Community remembers boy killed in fire

- Friends and family gathered Saturday to remember the life of a boy killed in a house fire, and to pray for his brother, currently hospitalized.

The fire itself happened along Lineberger Street on Monday, November 5th.  The family said a space heater may have caused the blaze, which engulfed the home as two children slept inside.  One of the children, JJ, died in the fire.  His younger brother, RJ, is receiving treatment for burns over half his body.

At the vigil Saturday night, the boys' mother, Laura Moore, spoke to crowd gathered by phone.

"I love him so much, and I don't know how to go on without him," she said through the tears, referring to her son JJ.

Friends and family have launched a GoFundMe effort to help the family with burial and medical expenses: https://www.gofundme.com/66qw65-house-burnt-lost-everything?fbclid=IwAR2uV6WI5AKHrG3cHKTr3V58ZOZhdyxPeFFxPxPooIAaXObdJVg2wsIfMHg

The funeral for JJ will be November 19.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories