Family of six displaced after house fire in Statesville

- A local family is now searching for somewhere else to live after a fire tore through their Statesville home early Friday morning. 

The fire happened just before 3:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 17 at a house along Opal Street in Statesville. 

A woman who rents the home told FOX 46 Charlotte her son smelled smoke and alerted the family to the fire. All six family members were able to escape the fire. 

Fire officials said the fire was started by a space heater that was next to the bed. They said the house is a total loss. 

The family is now being assisted by the American Red Cross. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories