CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX WJZY) - The family of Ja'Ron McGill is seeking the public's help once again eight years after his untimely death, police said. The 19-year-old was fatally shot in east Charlotte on Aug. 2, 2009.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said the family plans to speak to the media Thursday morning in order to generate leads on this open murder investigation.
Officers responded to a call for service regarding shots fired at approximately 11:30 p.m. Upon arrival, officers found McGill on the side of the road. He had been shot near the intersection of Lanecrest Drive and Colby Place.
Medic treated McGill at the scene before he was transported to Carolinas Medical Center where he was pronounced dead several hours later.
According to witnesses, a light colored Toyota Corolla, occupied by three black males, was parked at the intersection of Colby Place and Milton Road. Witnesses heard several gunshots and saw McGill running down Colby Place. The possible suspects’ vehicle was last seen traveling outbound on Milton Road towards N. Sharon Amity Drive.
No arrests have ever been made in this murder case. A reward of $10,000 is being offered for information leading to an arrest.