Faulty HVAC unit causes fire at Monkey Joe's

- A malfunctioning air conditioner is to blame for a fire at Monkey Joe's on Independence Blvd in Matthews late Saturday morning. 

Matthews Fire Department responded with assistance from Mint Hill & Stallings Fire Departments around 11:15 am.  

Monkey Joe's and J.C. Penny were evacuated for a short time until fire officials declared the situation safe.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories