CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - The FBI is requesting the public's help in identifying a suspect in connection to a series of multi-state bank robberies that have occurred between September, 2017 to January, 2018.
Investigators have nicknamed the man “The Chameleon Beard Bandit”. They believe the following financial institutions were robbed by the same person:
- Bank of America at 2 Park Drive in Durham, North Carolina on September 29, 2017
- 1st Trust Bank at 271 London Shopping Center in London, Kentucky on October 13, 2017
- Virginia Commonwealth Bank at 900 North Parham Road in Henrico, Virginia on November 14, 2017
- Bank of America at 107 Muirs Chapel Road in Greensboro, North Carolina on November 17, 2017
- Wells Fargo Bank at 1344 North Hershberger Road in Roanoke, Virginia on December 12, 2017
- Chase Bank at 2606 Judson Road in Longview, Texas on January 5, 2018
During the course of these robberies the suspect produced demand notes and either threatened he had or produced a handgun.
The suspect is described as a white male, 5’11” to 6’2” tall, approximately 180 to 240 pounds, mid to late 30’s, medium build, brown eyes and hair, with light complexion. Police said he wears glasses and frequently changes the color of his beard.