Fire Marshal: Man dies in Burke County house fire

- A man has died after a house fire broke out in Burke County Wednesday evening. 

The fire began around 5:00 p.m. in the 5300 block of Rogers Rd., the Burke County Fire Marshal tells FOX 46 Charlotte. 

The home was fully involved upon arrival and fire crews arrived within three minutes. The man’s body was found after the fire was put out. No one else was located in the home.  

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental. Fire officials said a gas grill caught fire on the deck. The identity of the man killed is being confirmed by the Burke County coroner. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories