CABARRUS CO., NC (WJZY) - A fire sparked by a lightning strike heavily damaged a 90-year-old church Monday night in Concord.
The Cabarrus County Fire Marshal’s Office responded to the fire at 6:41 p.m. Monday, July 11 located at 3101 Cline School Road.
Two fire fighters received treatment at the scene for heat-related injuries. A third fire fighter received treatment for smoke inhalation and was transported to CMC-NorthEast and was later released.
Crews from Mt. Pleasant, Cold Water, Mt. Mitchell, Bostian Heights, Rockwell Rural, City of Concord, Allen and Gold Hill fire departments assisted with the incident.