CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - A high school in east Charlotte was evacuated Monday morning following a reported gas leak in the building, CMS confirms.
Independence High School was evacuated after a 'strong odor' of gas was detected on the first floor.
No injuries have been reported.
Students were allowed to re-enter the school about 40 minutes after the reported issue Monday.
#ALERT GAS LEAK: Independence High School in east Charlotte is being evacuated due to 'strong smell of gas on the first floor'— FOX 46 Charlotte (@FOX46News) April 16, 2018