J.V. Washam Elementary all-clear after reports of carbon monoxide

J.V. Washam Elementary School has been given the all-clear after being evacuated due to reports of carbon monoxide in the cafeteria kitchen area.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg School officials say fumes were smelled in the cafeteria. The cause is unknown, but Charlotte, Davidson and Huntersville fire departments are investigating.

All students and staff have returned to the building safely, according to CMS officials.


Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories