Kevin Olsen found not guilty in rape trial

- A jury has found Kevin Olsen not guilty on all charges after he was accused of rape and sexual assault by a former girlfriend. 

The former UNCC quarterback was arrested in February of 2017 after a past girlfriend told police that Olsen had sexually assaulted her multiple times after she had been out drinking out in uptown Charlotte, resulting in bruises to her body.

Prosecutors say the victim left the room after the sexual assault occurred and went to Carolinas Medical Center for treatment. According to the medical examiner, her injuries matched her account.

RELATED: Trial begins in rape case against former UNCC QB Kevin Olsen

In September of 2017 when Olsen appeared in court to make his plea, he said he was "100 percent not guilty." 

Olsen's attorney said he was offered a plea deal but rejected it. 

In September of 2018, jury selection began and resulted in nine men and three woman who would sit and listen to the prosecution and defense. 

On Monday, Oct. 1, Olsen and his accuser sat through the hours of closing arguments. The jury then deliberated for two days, returning the not guilty verdict around 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories