LINCOLNTON, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - The Lincoln County Sheriff's Office arrested three teens after they reportedly vandalized several buildings, including a church, over the weekend.
A tip from the School Resource Officer at Piedmont High School in Union County led to the arrest of the three high school students, Adam Thomas Clark, 18, Cody Anderson Hedgecoe, 16 and Samantha Tiler Argo, 16.
They've each been charged with two misdemeanor counts of injury to real property and one misdemeanor count of conspiracy for their involvement in the spray paint vandalism of a church and a school.
The Sheriff's Office began receiving the reports on Saturday, March 24 from New Vision Ministries on Clark’s Creek Road after the church staff discovered the vandalism.
Deputies say a large LED sign the parking lot and a trash dumpster were covered with symbols including “666” and swastikas.
Deputies also received reports of structures and sidewalks painted at Lincolnton Middle School on the Startown Rd.
SRO Deputy Ludlow told the Sheriff's Office on Monday that he had received a report of possible suspects in the case.
Following an interview with the students the charges were filed and bond for each suspect was set at $3,000 secured on the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office charges.
On Sat. 24, the Lincolnton Police Department also received reports of vandalism that have now been connected to the teens.
On Wednesday the Police Department charged the teens with seven counts of injury to real property and seven counts of conspiracy each in addition to their charges from the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office for their involvement in the following reports of vandalism:
- Just Around the Corner reported an anarchy sign spray painted on the back of their building along with numbers and the number ten with a circle around it (referred to as a ‘dime bag’).
- The Old Drug Store reported spray paint on the painted mural on the side of the building to include an anarchy sign, inverted pentagram and the number ten with a circle around it.
- Cycle Social reported a broken garage window and gold spray paint on the brick wall to include ‘crybaby’ ‘RIP’ ‘peep’ ‘GPC’ and ‘Backwood Shawty’ spelled with anarchy signs in place of the a’s and inverted pentagrams in place of the o’s. Also, gold paint was used to spray paint genitalia on the metal garage door.
- The Good Neighbor Shop reported spray paint on their back door to include an arrow up, '666' and an inverted pentagram. The word ‘KILL’ was spray painted on the vinyl siding, numbers on the brick exterior wall, ‘F*** Kiersen’ and an inverted pentagram on a white door, along with an anarchy sign on a banner.
- Trim Barbershop reported spray paint on the painted mural located on the side of the building to include the number ten with a circle around it and a circle around the number ten on the mural.
- Reid Financial Consulting reported gold spray paint on their front window to include a drawing of genitalia with the words ‘call my lawyer’.
- Lincoln Dental Lab reported spray paint on their front door. Their front door displays a cross and the words ‘Christ died for thee’ and He is alive’. The words were marked out with gold paint, ‘666’ and ‘F***’ were added along with an ‘X’ on the cross with a circle around it.
Bond for charges with the Lincolnton Police Department have been set at $14,000 for each suspect.
Anyone with additional information relating to this investigation is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 704-736-8909, the Lincolnton Police Department at 704-736-8900 or the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office at 704-732-9050.