Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools will hold 12 public forums across the county to update the public and listen.
The session will focus on phase one of decision involving magnets and family choice. The school board expects to vote on changes in November that will take effect in the January magnet lottery for 2017-18.
- Monday, Aug. 8: Mallard Creek High, 3825 Johnston Oehler Road.
- Wednesday, Aug. 10: Hopewell High, 11530 Beatties Ford Road, Huntersville, and South Mecklenburg High, 8900 Park Road.
- Thursday, Aug. 11: Butler High, 1810 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Matthews, and Olympic High, 4301 Sandy Porter Road.
- Monday, Aug. 15: Garinger High, 1100 Eastway Drive, and Providence High, 1800 Pineville-Matthews Road.
- Tuesday, Aug. 16: East Mecklenburg High, 6800 Monroe Road.
- Wednesday, Aug. 17: Myers Park High, 2400 Colony Road, and Harding High, 2001 Alleghany St.
- Thursday, Aug. 18: Independence High, 1967 Patriot Drive, and West Mecklenburg High, 7400 Tuckaseegee Road.
All meetings are from 6:30 to 8 p.m. For more information click, here (look for “Student Assignment Review” under Spotlight).