(FOX 46 WJZY) - Friday, June 1 is National Doughnut Day, and of course that means donut deals!
This tasty holiday was created to celebrate the Salvation Army’s "Doughnut Lassies," who served the treats to American soldiers on the front lines during World War I. It’s since evolved into a day of free treats and giveaways.
Several local shops are offering special doughnuts and some freebies to sweeten your day. Here's where you should head tomorrow:
- Country Donutz: Free original glazed doughnut
- Reigning Donuts: New flavor (Hot sauce icing with crunchy chicken skin)
- Rise Charlotte: Donating 100% of the proceeds from the Chocolate Icing doughnut to the Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina
- Suarez Bakery: BOGO donuts (Up to six)
- Sweet Dough: Free original glazed doughnut
- Your Mom's Donuts: New flavors everyday this week
You can see more sweet deals here.