CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) - The N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles will open a new driver license office in Charlotte on Wednesday, bringing the total number of full-time offices in Mecklenburg County to five.
With the new office, DMV will now have four offices in Charlotte and one in Huntersville. A part-time mobile unit visits Pineville each Wednesday, officials said.
The new office, located at 9711 David Taylor Road near the University of North Carolina at Charlotte campus, will target customers in north Charlotte but will be available for everyone.
The North Charlotte office will have 15 examiner work stations and will operate from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday.
ALSO ON FOX46CHARLOTTE.COM:
- Group home workers accused of striking handicapped man with metal broom handle
- Pup reunites with family after lost 62 days in Blowing Rock wilderness
- Cleanup underway in SC after tornadoes tear through
- Veteran Hickory Police K9, Rony, passes away unexpectedly
- Chris Watts' daughter, 4, witnessed him strangling wife, lawyer says