Owner goes back into home on fire to rescue his kitten

- It's a picture that catches the eye, showing Charlotte firefighters nursing a kitten back to health after being rescued from a home that caught fire. 

According to the fire department, the fire started inside the home at 2000 Midwood Place around 12:15 P.M. 

The man inside made it out, but when back inside to rescue his kitten suffering smoke inhalation.

"I have two dogs. I would want to go try to save them out of the house, said a neighbor. "It's just kind of your nature instinct to help save your animal."

The man was sent to the hospital with non life threatening injuries and the kitten is expected to be fine. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories