CHARLOTTE, NC - Huge crowds are expected in uptown for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday parade this Saturday and the Panthers game Sunday.
Charlotte City Manager Ron Carlee now has declared both events an Extraordinary Event.
That's defined as a large-scale event that may attract many people to one specific spot of the city and allows the city to prohibit certain items within the events' boundaries.
This will allow CMPD to stop and question anyone whose behavior raises red flags. Extra security measures will take place at the Panthers game Sunday.
Here is a list of items NOT allowed inside Bank of America Stadium from the Panthers website:
- Alcoholic beverages
- All balls, including footballs of any size
- All non-transparent bags or items, including backpacks, binocular/camera cases, cinch bags, computer bags, diaper bags, fanny packs, purses larger than 4.5" x 6.5", etc.
- Baby seats
- Coolers or containers, including cans and bottles
- Folding chairs
- Food and beverages, except two (2) sealed plastic non-flavored water bottles per person
- Horns, bells, whistles and other noise makers
- Illegal drugs
- Laser pointers
- Pets, except service animals assisting those with disabilities
- Seat cushions with covers, zippers, clasps, pockets or any other device that would allow concealment of any item
- Selfie Sticks
- Video equipment
- Weapons of any kind and size, including guns, knives, scissors and those carried with a permit
- Other items that in the judgment of stadium management pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons
Here is a list of items allowed, but will be checked before entering the stadium:
- Any transparent plastic, vinyl or PVC bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12"
- Purses, bags or clutches no larger than 4.5" x 6.5"
- Containers for medical supplies or special food items for diabetics (please contact the director of security at 704-358-7000 for more information on the approval process)
- Flags without poles or sticks
- Seat pads without covers, zippers, clasps, pockets or any other device that would allow concealment of any items