Two dogs die in house fire in east Charlotte

- One person was treated by emergency officials after running back into a burning home in east Charlotte to try and save two dogs.

The fire broke out in the 1300 block of N. McDowell Street Thursday afternoon. Firefighters say when they arrived one person was outside the home, while a second had gone back in to save the pets.

The person who went back inside the the home was being treated for possible smoke inhalation.

Charlotte Fire says the fire was accidental and started from an electrical outlet. The two animals perished in the fire.

The home received about $50,000 worth of damage.

 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories