CONCORD, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - A 27-year-old man was found shot to death in the backyard of a local Concord residence early Thursday morning, police said.
At approximately 4:53 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 16 officers were called to 228 Academy Avenue in reference to man who had been shot.
Upon arrival, police found a man in the backyard, identified as Sergio Montez Culbertson, 27, suffering from multiple gunshots wounds. He was transported to CMC-Northeast where he later died.
Concord police said this deadly shooting does not appear to be random and investigators do not believe there is an going threat to the community. If anyone has information on this case, they're asked to call the Concord Police Department at (704)-920-5000.
This shooting marks the first homicide of the year in Concord. Police are asking residents to be alert for officers working in the area Thursday morning.
Check back for updates on this developing story.