CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) - A taser was found on the premises of Mallard Creek High School after a weapons search was conducted on Monday, police say.
A CMS K-9 was conducting a weapons search and during the search a student threw a taser from one classroom to another, the police report states.
The teacher in the classroom that the taser was thrown into confiscated the weapon and the authorities were contacted.
The name of the student was not immediately released.
The CMS Code of Conduct states that prohibited items include any object that could cause injury.
ALSO ON FOX46CHARLOTTE.COM:
- CMS high schools randomly chosen for security checks
- Ardrey Kell suspends basketball player before West Charlotte game for using racial slur
- CMS announces new security measures
- Group home workers accused of striking handicapped man with metal broom handle
- Wanding, random backpack searches begin at CMS high schools
- Veteran Hickory Police K9, Rony, passes away unexpectedly