CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) - North Carolina’s largest food festival is set to return for its 21st Year in the streets of uptown Charlotte welcoming Food Lion as its title sponsor for a second year. The event, which runs through Sunday and drew approximately 145,000 visitors last year, offers a mix of family entertainment, unique shopping, live music, kid’s activities, a wide array of beer and fine wine along with more than 100 menu items for sampling from a collection of Charlotte’s hottest restaurants. There is no cost for admission to Taste of Charlotte.
Here are some of the festivities taking place around Taste of Charlotte.
- Food Lion Produce Stand: Stop by the Food Lion Farm Fresh Produce Stand for sweet and savory samples of fresh fruits, vegetables and more!
- Entertainment on the Main Stage: Featuring local & regional bands playing your favorite 80’s, 90’s pop, rock and country music at Trade and Tryon.
- Wine Cellar: Offers a variety of wines in a festive outdoor environment. Live music on the stage sets the backdrop for fun casual conversation.
- Tavern at the Taste Presented by Corona Light: A unique tavern offering a selection of wines and beers, as well as dueling pianos throughout the weekend.
- Challenge Butter Cooking Kitchen: Join area chefs as they prepare simple recipes onsite. Demos are all weekend long. Watch them cook and try the samples!
- The MarketPlace: An eclectic open-air shopping experience featuring handcrafted original designs from home accents and local jams to candles and custom jewelry…. along Tryon Street between Trade and 4th.
- Shipt Kids Area: Interactive play areas with adventurous activities for children of all ages. From Trampolines & Climbing Walls to Bounce Houses & Obstacle Courses. All games use coins, not cash.