Unattended candle leads to Gastonia house fire

- An unattended candle is the cause of a house fire in Gastonia early Sunday, according to the Gastonia Fire Department. 

The fire department responded to the 200 block of S. Trenton St. around 4:44 am for reports of a house fire. It took 20 firefighters approximately 15 minutes to extinguish the flames. No one was injured in the fire. 

Fire officials say the fire caused an estimated $35,000 in damages. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories